Friday, December 17, 2010

December 17, 2010

 Walk #351 tonight is at Indian Rocks Beach at sunset.  I didn't really want to get in the car and go over to the beach tonight, but boy am I glad I did.  Some of the best walks happen when you force yourself to go outside your comfort zone.  Tonight was a good walk.
 The shadows were long and lean.  That's me taking a picture of my shadow.
I thought I was far enough away from the water but I picked up the toes just in time to avoid the rush of the tide!
 The thing that appealed to me most about this shot was the moon up above in the sky, and these people finding something in the sand right when I was going to shoot the picture.  Serendipity.
 One of my all-time favorite pictures.  I love sun reflection on the water and sand, but when you pair it up with this shell... it looks awesome.
 Lovers on the beach.
 I spotted this woman taking a picture of her wine glass.  So when I went over there to see what she was doing, she showed me that she takes pictures of sunsets and scenery through her wine glass wherever she goes.  I admired her technique, and asked her if she's hold up her glass so I can try it out.  She handed me her glass...
 And this was the result.  I think I'm going to try this again.  And, it's a great way to meet people.

No comments:

Post a Comment