Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December 1, 2010

 Hey!  We've entered into the final month of our Year of Walks today.  It's December 1st, and this is walk #335.  There are only 30 walks to go.  I'm excited, and yet ambivalent about finishing.  This has truly been a life-saving project for me.  And next year, I'm going to have to find that "thing" to keep me going.  Everything appeared to be bright and sunny today as I approached the beach, but the cold front had moved in and I truly felt it as I headed out to the beach.
 It's cold, and yet warm and sunny.  Behind me, the waves are breaking whitecaps and the wind is kicking.
 Whitecaps and spray out on the Gulf tonight as the wind kicks in and the cold front passes through.
The wind kicked up the sand on the beach, and so it moved about my feet like a slithering sand fog snake, winding in and out of the islands of sea grass on the beach.  It was as eerie as it was beautiful.  The journey continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment